The Chicago and North Western Railway Power House is a historically significant powerhouse that provided electricity to the Chicago and North Western Terminal constructed in 1911 in Chicago, Illinois.
Designed by Frost & Granger in 1909, this building predominantly exhibits the Beaux Arts architectural style while also incorporating elements of the Italian Renaissance Revival style.
Construction of the structure was completed in 1911, the same year the terminal was inaugurated.
This powerhouse was constructed using cream-colored bricks adorned with terra cotta trim, cornices, and decorative features. At the corner of the building where Clinton and Milwaukee meet, there is a towering 227-foot (69 meters) brick smokestack.
Internally, the building comprises four distinct areas, including a spacious engine room, a boiler room, and a smaller space designated for an engineer’s office and a reception room.