Mount Lawley, located in the northern part of Perth, Western Australia, is characterized by its geographical boundaries: it is surrounded on the east by the Swan River, and its southern, northern and western boundaries are demarcated by Vincent, Harold and Pakenham. Streets, Central Avenue and Alexander Drive and Norfolk Street respectively.
Before the establishment of the Swan River colony, the area was inhabited by the Yabbaru Bibbulman Noongar people, who used the nearby Bujamuling wetlands (later called the Third Wetland Reserve and now Hyde Park) as a camping, fishing area and meetings.
In 1865, sections 140 to 149 of the Perth suburbs were officially designated in this region. These sections were divided by Beaufort Street, Wolcott Street, Lord Street and Lincoln Street. The colony received representative government in 1870, making Vincent Street and Walcott Street part of the city of Perth boundaries.