Raun Castle is one of the fortifications of the Archbishop of Riga. The first mention of this castle appeared only in 1381. In the 15th century, since the situation in Riga was not calm , the archbishop lived in three of his castles, including this one. At the beginning of the 16th century, the castle was rebuilt into a castle complex. It had a central building , three sub-locks and 5 towers. Due to the conflicts between the Livonian Order and the Archbishop of Riga, the castle was damaged 3 times. In the 17th century, as a result of the struggle between the Swedes and the Poles, the castle was destroyed and the Swedes decided to liquidate it. Now the ruins are an archaeological monument of national significance.