Pirovac is not a big resort and a fishing pier in Northern Dalmatia. Pirovac is located 20 kilometers northwest of the center of the Riviera. Initially, Pirovac had the name Zloselo.
The climate of Pirovac is hot and dry summers , wet and dry winters ( + 9 – +15 degrees). The water in the sea is always warm due to the warm current. The tourist season here is quite long – from May to October.
For lovers of beach holidays, Lolich beach is perfect. Part of the beach is sandy and part is pebbly. Lolich is the main beach and the bearer of the blue flag.
For lovers of hiking and mountains, the Makirina trail is perfect. walking along the trail, you can enjoy the beautiful scenery of the unique Croatian nature.
The city of Pirovac itself is a must for a walk , the city gates have been preserved in the old town , and many other architectural objects.
In the bay you can also rent a boat for sea trips and enjoy the nature of Croatia.
Interesting facts about Croatia :
- Croatia has the most non-permanent cape in nature. Golden Cape-constantly changes its shape depending on the direction of the wind or underwater currents.
- Croatia is the birthplace of ties.
- The dog breed is Dalmatians originally from Croatia.
- The smallest city of Hum in Croatia is listed in the Guinness Book of Records.
- There is a unique marine organ in Croatia , it makes never-repeated sounds with the help of wind and tides of waves.