Kõpu Lighthouse is located on the island of Hiiumaa in Estonia. The oldest lighthouse in the Baltic States and one of the oldest in the world. Its total height from sea level to the top of the lighthouse is 102 meters.
In 1490, the Hanseatic League set the task of building a lighthouse, in order to warn ships about approaching the Neckmansgrund Reef. The lighthouse was built on the hill between 1504 and 1540. Initially, the height of the lighthouse was 20-04 meters and it was a massive stone tower. In the mid-17th century, the Swedish Field Marshal Delagardi built the lighthouse to a height of 36 meters. While the lighthouse existed, the entire surrounding forest was cut down to maintain the fire at the top of the tower. In 1792, the new owner of the estate requested 5,000 rubles in silver for the maintenance of the lighthouse. Since the subsidies were paid irregularly, the baron ordered the lighthouse to be shut down. During the entire existence of the lighthouse, the lighting system has changed more than once from fire to autonomous electric lighting. In 1883, the lighthouse was adapted.