Mondsee is a small Austrian community, with a population of only 3,307. The history of this settlement dates back to 748, the year the first Benedictine monastery was founded. In 1791, the monastery was closed and rebuilt into a castle , from the monastery the church of St. Michael is preserved, which faces the camera.
There are not many attractions on the territory of the city , there is the best golf club in Austria. The golf club is popular not only among amateurs but also attracts professionals from all over Austria. The golf club has a restaurant with a terrace that offers beautiful views of the golf courses.
Another of the famous places — the lake Mondsee. The lake is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List , the size of the lake is just a little more than 14 km2. The water in the lake is crystal clear and there is a large number of fish in it. For lovers of active water recreation, a water skiing center has been built here. You can choose entertainment for every taste from quiet and peaceful fishing to water skiing . Hiking and cycling mountain hikes are also offered, as the town itself and the lake are surrounded by mountains.
Mondsee is one of the small Austrian towns where tourists go to enjoy nature in its original form.
Interesting facts about Austria
- There are only five major cities in Austria — Innsbruck, Vienna, Salzburg, Linz .
- More than 62% of Austria’s territory is made up of mountains.
- In Vienna, people calmly drink tap water-it is served directly from the Alpine glaciers.
- Austrian children learn to ski faster than to walk.
- The first ski resorts appeared in the Austrian Alps.
- The flag of Austria is considered one of the oldest in the world.